Hello

dinsdale dinsdale

Hello

Hi There,

I had a peak at eLua a little while back and thought it was really exciting and now someone has dropped a Kinetis starter board on my lap. It's a FRDM-K22F and seems to be quite the spiffy little unit.

MK22FN512VLH12 MCU - 120 MHz, 512 KB flash memory, 128 KB RAM, low-power, and crystal-less USB in 64 LQFP package

I'd love to get started with a binary if possible. Either way, let me know if there is a specific build path I should take, but there seems to be some good documentation and a specific git repo for Kinetis sources.

I'm hoping to cross build on FreeBSD 11 with clang (I can cross build FreeBSD to armv6/7) but if that's getting a little to ambitious I'll use Debian Jessie.

I'm happy to take notes and pass them along if so desired.

Cheers,

Russ

BogdanM BogdanM

Re: Hello

That's great news! The easiest way to proceed is to base your port on an existing one for a similar part, and it seems that you're already doing that. And yes, taking notes will likely benefit other people trying to write a port, so by all means, go for it!

Best,
Bogdan
dinsdale dinsdale

Re: Hello

:-/

I was hoping someone was going to say "of course there's a binary!"

Anyway, the good news is the unit comes with a built in flasher that appears as a USB mass storage device. Drop the binary and it sucks it down and reboots the system. Neat.

Ah, if only I had any idea of what I am doing... Down the rabbit hole Alice!

:D
Dinsdale